What application name and password need to be given ?

jyothi donela May 16, 2012

we have followed the link that you posted to me yesterday .

• For JIRA 4.4 or later, select 'Users' > 'JIRA User Server' in Administration mode.
  • Click 'Add Application'
  • Enter the application name and password that Confluence will use when accessing JIRA.
  • what Applicaton name need to given?

5 answers

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

You need to first configure the ability for Confluence to connect to JIRA. This is described in these instructions. (In JIRA)

• For JIRA 4.4 or later, select'Users' > 'JIRA User Server'in Administration mode.
  • Click'Add Application'.
  • Enter theapplication nameandpasswordthat Confluence will use when accessing JIRA.
  • Enter theIP addressor addresses of your Confluence server. Valid values are:
    • A full IP address, e.g.192.168.10.12.
    • A wildcard IP range, using CIDR notation, e.g.192.168.10.1/16. For more information, see the introduction toCIDR notation on WikipediaandRFC 4632.
  • Savethe new application

So once this is done you have configured JIRA to recognise connections from your Confluence server on the given IP address with the given application name and password

Then in Confluence, you then connect to JIRA

• Choose Browse > Confluence Admin.
  • Click 'User Directories' in the left-hand panel.
  • Add a directory and select type 'Atlassian JIRA'.
  • Enter the settings as described below. When asked for the application name and password, enter the values that you defined for your Confluence application in the settings on JIRA.
  • Save the directory settings.
0 votes

can u help me now how to give permisions for the JIRA users that are linked in confluence to view the attachments created in confluence.

i have created 4 users and 3 attachments. 1st user should see only 1 attachment assigned to him,second user should see only the attachment assigned to him. similarly Third user should see only the attachment assigned to him.BUt the user 4 should able to see all the attachemnts

0 votes

I havent used the doc .I just installed Confluence 4.2.1 ,while installing it there is an option to connect JIRA .Now we can see the users created in JIRA in the confluence.

But in my machine it is allowing to link up but when we are trying on other machine it is displaying

the URL is invalid

0 votes

ya iam using that link only but the application name should be the username and password of JIRA or we can give as our wish iam stuck up with that

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

See this link for how to connect Confluence to JIRA.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management#ConnectingtoCrowdorJIRAforUserManagement-ConnectingConfluencetoJIRAforUserManagement

The application name and password, you make up. Then you use this in Confluence to connect to JIRA

Suggest an answer