What application install?

Erick Cavazos December 22, 2016

We recently bought a package containing Jira Software (10 users), Jira core (10 users) and Jira service desk (3 agents). If this was purchased with the only reason to support the users of my internal network, which of these should I install?

So far I installed Jira service desk on the server and it only allows me to register up to 3 users, I access them (the service agents) from the server ip followed by port 8080, now how can I make the staff Of the company access the platform so you can post your problems?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2016

If you use JSD the users will be added as customers which are free. They have limited capabilities as customers. The can open tickets, comment and resolve (if you allow them to do so). They cannot log into JIRA as a agent can but the can access a help desk portal. These users can be added in one of a couple of ways: the admin or agent can add them or you can set up public signup whereby they will be added the first time the send in an email request. The documentation does a good job of explaining the details. If your users need 'full' access to JIRA for other purposes then likely you will want to go w/ JSW, but that doesn't sound like your use case.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2016

Erick,

it would be good to have a. It more info. It sounds like you want to use this for internal IT ticket reporting and resolution. If that is the case Inwould recommend JSD. Given your scenario you will have 3 licenses to be assigned to your IT engineers and they will be able to work on all of the incoming issue from your "customers", in your case all internal employees. 

So I can run jira service desk that can not do jira software?
How will my internal network users join the Jira system? Should I create a user on the server for each of them? Or what will be your login?

Suggest an answer