What JQL query is used to see issues added to a Sprint after a given date?

Steven Brown May 11, 2017

Hi - I need to keep track of issues being added (or ideally removed) from a Sprint after a fixed date in time.  I've searched the forum and found the ability to track issues added after the start of the Sprint, but I need the flexibility to change the search date so for examples, what issues were added in the last weeek, last 24 hours, etc.  It would also be great if I could track issues being removed (having the Sprint removed from the Sprint field).

We use iTrack powered by Atlassian JIRA 7.2.7.

Thanks

Steven

3 answers

1 vote
Chris Rees June 12, 2019

Vote for JSWSERVER-20097 to have this built into JIRA Server, or JSWCLOUD-16523 for JIRA Cloud, by default.

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

Hey Steven,

If you do have Script Runner installed

JQL Syntax:
project = "<Project Name>" AND issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart("<Board Name>","<Sprint Name>")

Example:
project = "Corporate IT" AND issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart("Sprint_Planning_Corporate IT","CIT-Apps: 17.2.2")

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 4.18.49 PM.png

Cheers

Chander

Meenakshi Khanna August 2, 2018

I don't have Script Runner. What is that ?

I used JQL issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart and it seems to work. I hope I am not missing something here.

David Willson October 12, 2021

Worked great!

Script runner is an app you pay for and install into Jira. You can find it in the Atlassian Marketplace as "ScriptRunner for Jira". I use datacenter (ie not cloud)

Once installed the JQL mentioned above works great. (mind you I didn't test it without script runner installed)

David

stephanie_hart January 13, 2022

I do not have access to scriptrunner, does someone have alternative way of doing this with JQL?

0 votes
Idiyana Salim September 18, 2020

Hi, 

I think i'm looking for something similar to @Steven Brown . I was able to search for issue that added into sprint after the sprint started using issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart(). But i'm looking for more details info like issues added for today only. 

Suggest an answer