Weird error when creating issue

Rumceisz May 13, 2014

Hi,

we run into a weird error when trying to submit an issue: we filled the necessary info to the issue and when clicking on Create we get the following message:

"Issue undefined - has been successfully created"

And the issue has not been created....

Do you know what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Looks like the issue key was not created/available when the message was displayed. Have you done any customizations to your JIRA instance?

Honeywell JIRA Admin July 21, 2014

We also got the same issue

0 votes
Guy Anela May 28, 2014

Hi Rumceisz - Just curious, does this occur with any browser?

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Hi,

please provide some more information.

- What can you see in error log of JIRA?

- Which version of JIRA is running?

Guy Anela May 28, 2014

Hi - One of our users is experiencing the same issue. It appears to occur if the user forgets to complete a required field. Instead of getting the normal red text message stating the field is required, she gets one of the following two messages and the issue is NOT created...

"Issue undefined - [Summary text appears here as a link to nothing] has been successfully created"

"Your issue undefined has been created but is not currently visible"

As I mentioned before, I've only had one user report this thus far and it only occurs when she uses her FireFox (29.0.1) Browser. I had her clear her browser cache/cookies, restart her browser, and she still exhibits this behaviour.

We're running JIRA v6.0.8 and there are no visible errors/messages in the JIRA logs pertaining to this (at least not that I can see).

Any help/information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer