Weekly filter for eazyBI

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

I've tried to write a Calculated Member in the Time Dimension like so:

Aggregate(Filter(
  [Time.Weekly].Members,
  DateBetween([Time.Weekly].CurrentMember.Name,'1 month ago','1 month from now')
))

but it doesn't work. It gives me this error:

Any help?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jānis Vītums August 4, 2014

Error is because you defined member in default Time hierarchy and formula uses Time.Weekly hierarchy. Please change [Time] to [Time.Weekly]. There is some small adjustments needed for this formula, too. You probably wanted only week members, not all including dates. And better use StartDate instead of member name.

Aggregate(Filter(
  [Time.Weekly].[Week].Members,
  DateBetween([Time.Weekly].CurrentMember.StartDate,
    '1 month ago','1 month from now')
))

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

That appears to be close because I get the totaled values in the Calculated Member column. I know I gave this same code a shot, (minus the .StartDate tip vs membername, that I didn't know!)

However, when I attempt to drill-into or expand this Calculated Member, I receive the same error listed in my question above. You are correct to assume that I am interested in the Week members, these results are used in reports concerning various past, current, and future sprints.

Jānis Vītums August 4, 2014

Please check if you really have defined calculated member for [Time.Weekly] hierarchy. See highlighted area in screenshot

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

Thank you for your patience, it seems so obvious now. That seems to work as expected. Thank you for your assistance with MDX and eazyBI.

Suggest an answer