Webservice to JIRA - how to?

Hi All,

there is a need in our JIRA to having a custom field which get its value from a different application via webservice. Hence we have never done it before could you please help how to do it?

For first it needs a custom field - I guess a scripted field??

And where could we implement the code which invite the webservice?

Thanks for your hints!

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

I wouldn't do this in a calculated field because you might actually want to store the value in database itself. That will reduce the number of webservice calls everytime you view the issue, index it etc.

It is better to create a new custom field type which invokes the webservice in the code and fetches you the values.

Hi Jobin,

thanks for the hint! Actually we stucked at this point: we don't know which type of custom field to use. Yes, I was not right: it's not a calculated field but a field which gets its value from a different system.

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

Hello Rumceisz 

Could you please let us know how to call WebService from JIRA.

Thanks in advance!

@Sachin

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

158 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you