Hi JIRA support representative,
JIRA Version: (v6.3.6#6336-sha1:cf1622c)
We have several webhooks to slack channels and suddenly they all stopped working and posting to slack channels. The webhook URI have been changed to sending to requesb.in and I also tried to use TCPDUMP on the interface to try to get network packets leaving server interface (eth0) but we dont have success, nothing is showed on tcpdump (syn packets to destiny)
JIRA is showing "Posting to web hook at " on the logs but dont initiate outbound connections to slack, requestb.in or something else configured as webhook destiny:
[root@ip-10-7-1-14 log]# tail -f /u/jira/atlassian-jira-6.3.6-standalone/logs/catalina.out
2017-01-12 10:15:07,381 http-bio-8081-exec-16870 DEBUG hery.victor 615x6571137x2 1edsidx 184.108.40.206 /secure/WorkflowUIDispatcher.jspa [webhooks.plugin.impl.PluginUriResolverImpl] Found new URI from OSGi service, 'Optional.of(http://requestb.in/1mzytru1)'
2017-01-12 10:15:07,382 http-bio-8081-exec-16870 DEBUG hery.victor 615x6571137x2 1edsidx 220.127.116.11 /secure/WorkflowUIDispatcher.jspa [webhooks.plugin.impl.PluginUriCustomizerImpl] Found new URI from OSGi service, 'http://requestb.in/1mzytru1'
2017-01-12 10:15:07,534 pool-15-thread-3 DEBUG anonymous 883x6542483x10 8cfuf 18.104.22.168 /secure/QuickEditIssue.jspa [atlassian.webhooks.plugin.PublishTaskFactoryImpl$PublishTaskImpl] Posting to web hook at 'http://requestb.in/1mzytru1?user_id=hery&user_key=hery', body is:
I would like to check if anyone else has seen this or have something to help solve this problem.
Alfredo Tomio JR
+55 48 996 320 369
Alfredo, this has happened to me for months now, it used to be that a restart would fix it, but then randomly they would stop working. This was also posting to Slack. In fact now, when we restart, they would for a few hours and then just stop.
I've confirmed that our JIRA on-prem server can still post webhooks, so it definitely appears to be application related. At this point, i'm just hoping that once we upgrade to JIRA 7.X that it will resolve the issue, pretty clueless as to why it happens. I posted a similar question in the past, but unfortunately didn't get any traction.
We have the same issue with our on-premisses Jira. Webhooks just stopped working, and we have no way to debug them or find out what is going on.
We are missing some better testing and reporting functionality (For example in other tools, you can try to resent the latest webhook, or sent a test one, or see logs of the last X webhooks that were sent out)
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot