Webhooks delivered twice

Chris Hudson October 10, 2019

Hi, 

I have a number of webhooks setup and most of them work fine. However, I have one in particular that always sends 2 hooks each time it's run. 
I have had a look and cannot figure out why,. Has anyone else had this or know what might be causing it to trigger twice? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Hudson October 13, 2019

In the end I raised a support ticket and they informed me that the webhook was attached to both a search / ticket creation AND a transition. Not sure how that happened but moving from the transition sorted it out. :) 

Jesse Igowe January 16, 2021

Hello Chris,

So how did you remove the issue from transition. I registered my webhook in my app descriptor.

Paweł Giemza October 22, 2021

Having same issues, feels like Ive done all I could in webhook config.
Ive tried both configuring it through Skyhook (discord integration) or using automate.io service (which takes care of config by itself) and either send double posts.
EDIT: Found info about transitions (at the end of the webhook confing page) and Im linked to none, still it posts twice so my issue clearly differs from yours.

Paweł Giemza October 22, 2021

*double post*

0 votes
Mathis Hellensberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Have you checked the logs? :)

Chris Hudson October 13, 2019

I tried to find logs, but there's nothing available according to Google. It's Jira cloud by the way. 
In the end I raised a support ticket and they informed me that the webhook was attached to both a search / ticket creation AND a transition. Not sure how that happened but moving from the transition sorted it out. :) 

Suggest an answer