Webhook details in JIRA

kA October 15, 2014

Hi friends,

I have created the webhook for my service. The service is connected to my external DB to
retrieve the data and we are using the Amazon dll to send the mail.

JQL: status in (Open,"In Progress") and project in ('TP') ORDER BY key

The service is created the notepad of the return JSON format from the webhook url and update the task
details in my external DB and then its return the notification mail (whether it is success or failed)
 through the Amazon dll.

We are manually debugging the tool by using the fiddler and it is works fine,
 the Db was updated and return the notification. But if i done any kind of updation in the tasks which
are come under the mentioned JQL, then it is trigger the Webhook URL and create the notepad but rest
of the function could not works.  So can you please help me on this.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2014

It is not clear to me what you are doing.  "if i done any kind of updation in the tasks which 
are come under the mentioned JQL, then it is trigger the Webhook URL and create the notepad but rest
of the function could not work" does not make a lot of sense, there's no explanation of what the notepad is or what the rest of the function is.

You need to explain what that means, what it is supposed to do and what it is not doing.

kA October 15, 2014

Hi Nic,

My webhook contains the following JQL

status in (Open,"In Progress") and project in ('Test') ORDER BY key

It is list out the some task. If i done any kind of modification in anyone of the tasks then it is details will be reside in the Webhook URL.

WebhookURL.PNG

Then the following actions are need to be done by my tool. It trace out the link and create the notepad along with the JSON of that task. Then it is update my external DB by using the sql connection and send the notification once the DB updation completed through the Amazon dll.   But if i done any modification on those task then it will create the notepad along with the JSON of the task but rest of the functions external DB connection and updation mail parts are not works.

So i am debugging the tool by using the fiddler but it is works fine and the DB updated as well as i got the notification.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2014

I'm afraid repeating the bit that does not make any sense does not help us understand. Please explain what I actually asked about.

Suggest an answer