Webhook POST messages have an empty body

BusinessConsulting January 30, 2013

Hi,

I have an OnDemand Jira account and I am trying to use the webhooks functionality on it. Problem is that it does not seem to work properly. POST messages are sent to my URL, but they are being sent with an empty body. The "Exclude details" option from my webhook config is unchecked so the problem doesn't seem to be configuration related.

The strange thing is that even if the body of the message is empty, the Content-Legth header is different from 0 (usually above 3000). If I go to the webhook configuration and check the "Exclude details" option, messages will come with an empty body (as they should) and also with "Content-Length: 0".

Does anybody have any idea what might trigger the problem and how can I make the webhooks properly include details in the body of the POST message?

Best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BusinessConsulting February 3, 2013

It turned out that the problem was not related to the Jira web hooks engine, but rather by some network related problems in the LAN of the machine that was hosting my webhooks client.

martin.infanzon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 15, 2023

its all in jira cloud and web

SM.JPG

But the data is null, so update de organization with null

Suggest an answer