Web-item Link

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

Hallo,

I want to build a plugin that is similar to the web-item "Link" under the "More Action" Tab in the Issueview.

How the JIRA Link plugin looks like (LinkJiraIssue!default.jspa):

My plugin should automatically choose "relates to". (The user shoudn't be allowed to change it)

The user should be only allowed to choose a issue from a specific issuetype. (e.g.: Action)

The comment field should stay how it is.

I already added the Button. Right now it only opens the default LinkJiraIssue.jspa screen.

Is there a way to get the JIRA LinkJiraIssue!default.jspa, so I can modify it? Or if not are there some .jspa examples for JIRA?

And where do I place the .jspa files? Would it be enough to place them somewhere in the plugin folder?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2013

You would need to hack the core code to do this, which is not something I'd recommend.

It sounds like you need to use a different page for your plugin, although you could copy the one from the code in the core of Jira of course, as a starting point.

Note also that jspa pages do not exist, they're generated on the fly by the application. They don't exist on disk. As a general rule, you can look for a file called the same with a .jsp extension, but that's not always true.

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2013

I don't want to hack the code. The Link Plugin stays how it is. I want to add a new one that is pretty similar therefore it would be great to get the code, so I don't have to do things JIRA already did and use.

I couldn't find the .jsp. There must be a way to get the code from JIRA. Do you know some better way?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2013

I'd suggest you grap a copy of the code from your myatlassian account. If you have a commercial licence for Jira, you can download that for any version you need. If you don't have a licence, then I'm afraid we can't share the code, as it's privileged.

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2013

Ok, found it. File: linkexistingissue.jsp

Thanks for help.

Suggest an answer