Web hook documentation

kA July 3, 2014

Hi Friends,

i have create the tool by using the REST API to pull the data from JIRA but it is requires JIRA credential so i searched any other way to pull the data from JIRA. I got the "Webhook", but i could not find the any document related to that like " https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/" REST API documentation. Please update the link if you know and also i need to know whether it is works on JIRA On Demand.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2014

Wrong way around - webhooks are for doing things in other systems when something happens in Jira.

Of course, the remote system might be a Jira or other issue tracking system, so your webhook in your Jira could be creating an issue in another system, but you're likely to be using a REST call in that webhook.

See https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Webhooks+Overview

kA July 8, 2014

Hi Nic,

If there is any restriction to mentioned the "URL" and Whether it is needs to be a valid one...

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2014

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

kA July 8, 2014

I required the detail about the URL field which we used for call back in the Webhook.

Thanks,

Karthik

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2014

I'm not sure what "detail" you need here, especially as I don't know what external application you are attaching Jira to here.

You need to put in the URL which Jira will send the data to when the webhook is triggered. That's up to your external application.

0 votes
kA July 13, 2014

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your update,

Karthik

Suggest an answer