We would like to have a quick filter that will show in Plan mode only stories with particular subtask. Can it be done?

Lana Decker January 9, 2014

We would like to have a quick filter that will show in Plan mode only stories that have "failed development" tasks. Is it possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

OK that can be done in a similar fassion:

On step 1 change the filter to be: issuetype = "Failed task"

On step 2 change the filter to be: issue in parentIssuesFromFilter("10219") and issuetype = "Story"

I get "Field 'subTaskIssueTypes' does not exist" error

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2014

Did you install this plug-in:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.craftforge.jira.craftforge-jql-functions-plugin

if not you will get error as this function is deployed by the plug-in

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2014

It is possible. You need to construct a filter that returns only those stories that have tasks is state "failed development" (I assume it is a state in the workflow).

You cannot do this with the default JQL you need this plug-in from the marketplace (it is almost free): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.craftforge.jira.craftforge-jql-functions-plugin

You need to do 3 things:

1. Create a filter that returns all tasks with state failed development:
      issuetype in subTaskIssueTypes() AND status = "failed development". Save this filter and get its ID from the browser URL (for example: http://jira.corp:8080/issues/?filter=10219)
    2. Create the following filter (it will use a special function from the Search Linked Issues for JIRA plugin): issue in parentIssuesFromFilter("10219"). Save the filter
    3. Add this filter in the quick filters on the Agile board (I asume you know how to do that)

Thank you for response, Peter.

I guess i didnt explain it right.

"Failed task" is a subtask for a Story. Both are IssueTypes. (Failed is not a status).

In the normal workflow, we have Dev (task) and Test (task) under Story (issue). If QA does not pass their Test, they create Failed task (essentually it is a short lived Bug that is created under Story - not just licked to it.)

So I need to track only Stories that have Failed task under them (along with Dev and Test) and ignore Stories that have just Dev and Test.

Makes sense?

Suggest an answer