We would like to automatically export Jira data/reports in Excel format without cutting & pasting

James Ditaranto January 10, 2013

Below is a post we found, can you confirm that his will work and also if it does work where would we run the code from and what adjustments would we have to make to the code.

James Ditaranto - Pearson Publishing - 201-398-6188 - james.ditaranto@pearson.com

How can I schedule/automate Excel reports in Jira

I have a requirement to produce a regular excel report from Jira. I see how I can manually export to excel from a filter and I see how I can schedule a filter to run regularly and email a text report to selected users. Is there a way to automate the filter to generate an excel report daily or weekly?

Lorie Sauriol By Lorie Sauriol (134 karma, 84% accept rate) Jun 07 '11 at 10:01 AM

jira

5 Answers:

Oldest AnswersNewest AnswersPopular Answers ↑

Something like this should work:

wget -O <friendly_name>.xls --ignore-length=on http://<jira_server>/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-all-fields/<filter_id>/SearchRequest-<filter_id>.xls?tempMax=1000&os_username=<username>&os_password=<password>>

Justin Downing B

3 answers

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Save writing any code and use the JIRA Automation Plugin together with the Excel Automation Plugin.

This setup will allow you to auto-export Excel spreadsheets without any programming. Plus, the native Excel files created this way are lot more powerful than JIRA's built-in Excel exports: see the comparison.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2013

Have also looked at filter subscriptions? If the requirement for people is to get a list of issues, that is the best.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

1 vote
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2013

Suggest an answer