• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • We wanted to create a new Jira project and see what flexibility we have on what we can automate.. for example I wanted to see if we could do a request type where we auto-generate certain subtasks with respective assignees.

We wanted to create a new Jira project and see what flexibility we have on what we can automate.. for example I wanted to see if we could do a request type where we auto-generate certain subtasks with respective assignees.

Prasad Eda August 31, 2016

We wanted to create a new Jira project and see what flexibility we have on what we can automate.. for example

I wanted to see if we could do a request type where we auto-generate certain sub-tasks with respective assignee's.

Please help me on this? JIRA v6.2

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2016

I'd use an add-on to provide a "create sub-task on transition" function.  They're post-functions, blocks of code that run after a transition has been chosen.  There's quite a few add-ons that provide those functions, ranging from simple ones that just create the basics, through to scripting add-ons which allow you to write whatever code you want in there (so you can do clever things like read what the user has entered and create one sub-task for each component they've selected, or create a batch of them with different pre-determined assignees, and so-on)

Smriti Priya September 1, 2016

Hi Nic, Is there another way to complete this task without using add-on?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2016

There's no built-in post-functions to do it, but some of the add-ons that provide one are free.

Smriti Priya September 1, 2016

Thanks Nic.

Prasad Eda September 8, 2016

Hi Nic,

Could you please let me know that Add-on names. So that i will check it in Test Environment once everything is good then i will do it in production environment.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Prasad Eda

Prasad Eda September 11, 2016

Hi Nic,

As requested please let me know some Add-on names so that first i will check it in Test Environment.

Regards,Prasad Eda

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2016

I'd usually do it with the Script Runner.  There are others in the marketplace - a search for "create subtask" should find them.

Suggest an answer