We recently made an acquisition, is there a way to setup a parallel instance ondemand and merge the two JIRA & Confluence together?

Pan Wong March 6, 2013

Hi, we recently made an acquisition. We were wondering if we can create a separate instance (so they can make their own administration w/ JIRA & Confluence) OnDemand.

If not, I guess we can create a space for them and put them into their own group and create a project that can only be access by that group.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Hi Pan,

I don't think there's an out of the box way to make two OnDemand instance parallel. You can have seprate instances but updates and work would be different in both instances. However, if you go for the option to merge both instances you can read more on this documentation.

Once merged, you can set permissions based on groups and users and allow users to only access their project and spaces.

Pan Wong March 6, 2013

Thanks, Razaq. Based on your comments, I thnk everything makes sense. As a follow up questoin about needing to have separate instances, would it also be separate license? We currently have a 500 users license for both JIRA & Confluence and we are only using less than 400 of them, the new acquisition only requiring a handful of licenses, would we need to purchase another set of licenses?

Regards,

Pan

Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

If you for the option of two instances, yes. You'll need separate licenses.

Pan Wong March 6, 2013

Great, thanks for your answer Razaq.

Suggest an answer