We need to upgrade from JIRA 3.10.2 to the latest

Amal Saleh January 29, 2015

Hello all,

My company needs to upgrade our tracking system from its very old version  3.10.2 to the latest. We need to move the existing everything ( projects, workflows, users..etc) to the newest version. I need to know how can we move our old work as it is and what are the risks that we might face. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

There's not a lot of information here to tell you what specific risks you might have.

Please have a read through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA to start with and see if there's anything in there that you don't understand or highlights any concerns about your setup.

The only question I can pre-empt really is that you're going to ask about versions - I would upgrade to 3.13, then 4.0, then 4.4, then 5.1 then 6.4

Does this mean that we need to upgrade first to 3.13 then 4.0 .. etc? or we can upgrade directly to 6.4 ( the latest version) ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2015

You really should step through the versions I've already mentioned. You can't go direct, the documentation is clear on that.

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2015

Note: Please make sure you try these updates on a cloned test system. - Have fun upgrading, maybe you can write down your experiences :)

Sure, I guess we'll need you guys through such upgrade! Will try to have all the fun :)

Suggest an answer