We lost Issue Summary/Issue Panel with new sidebar

Carrie Drake February 23, 2015

Sometime over the last weekend (2/21 or 2/22) our system automatically received the new sidebar. In the process we lost the Issue Summary/Status Summary when selecting a Project > Overview > Issues. All we see are the Summary, Project details (lead, url, etc.), and Activity Stream. The screens at selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-page or com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-pane don't show the breakdown of tickets opened by status. How do we get this back?

Update details:

Target VersionTarget Build NumberTime Performed
6.4-OD-15-0556401422/Feb/15 9:40 PM

7 answers

2 votes
Christian February 23, 2015

I also miss the summary page (shortcut g+p). This site includes all essential project informations that i need. Where can i set this feature/site?

1 vote
Kevin Ramm February 25, 2015

JIRA Cloud has been upgraded with a preview our new project navigation experience. The default setting is currently set to off. Your JIRA Administrator has the option to turn this toggle on for all users, or to select if they want the new navigation experience on or off by default.

To toggle between options:

1. Select your user profile icon to display the drop-down.
  2. Select Disable new project navigation to turn it off.
  3. Select Enable new project navigation to turn it on.

If you don't see these options, your JIRA Administrator has set your default setting already, and you won't be able to change it.

1 vote
Carrie Drake February 24, 2015

When I set this to "Allow individual users" then each user can chose whether to use the new or old sidebar by going to their profile icon > enable/disable new product navigation. Interesting that an update 1. Turned off what appears to be the default (default), 2. Users in an entire organization need to manually edit their Profile setting to get back to a basic, useful function.

1 vote
Jee Sipper February 24, 2015

We are experiencing the same issue.  How can we get the old page back when select Projects > project-name? We would like to be able to see the list of all the pre-canned filters (i.e. Resolved Recently, Added Recently, JIRAs assigned by Name, list of Versions, etc). 

0 votes
Boris Boroda February 24, 2015

I selected 'Disable project navigation for all users' and then it worked. Issues Summaries and Groupings came back - FWIW.

Jee Sipper February 25, 2015

Thank you!

0 votes
Tim Ellert February 23, 2015

Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 21.08.41.pngI think all that setting does is turn on or off the side navigation.. doesn't help with the missing summary features i am afraid.. 

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2015

Hi Carrie, 

You can configure which navigation bar you'd like to use by visiting: Cog Icon > System >  User Interface > Project Navigation.

Hope this helps you. smile

Tim Ellert February 23, 2015

I think all that setting does is turn on or off the side navigation.. doesn't help with the missing summary features i am afraid..

Christian February 24, 2015

What is the "Cog Icon" and where can i find this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2015

In the menu bar, top right, in between the "help" question mark and your profile icon. You need to be an admin for it to appear.

Suggest an answer