We have license for Jira 6.4, Agile and Service Desk until Nov 2016. What should we do to upgrade to Jira 7?

Huy Nguyen October 6, 2015

Hi,

We are using Jira 6.4, Agile and Service Desk 2.5 and license will expire Nov 2016. We have Confluence as well.

Do we need to pay extra money to upgrade to Jira 7 and Service Desk 3?

Thanks,

Huy

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Loren Siegel
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 7, 2015

Hi Huy,

As an existing license holder with active maintenance your JIRA license is automatically migrated to JIRA Software. JIRA Software includes the feature set of JIRA Core. You can use the latest version of JIRA Software up until your maintenance expires. 

When your maintenance expires, you will have the choice to renew JIRA Software maintenance or purchase a new JIRA Core license at the discounted renewal price. 

The same active maintenance upgrades apply to JIRA Service Desk 3.0. Atlassian Server Licenses with current maintenance include version upgrades.  

Also, have a look at our Upgrade Task List within our Migration Hub to ensure a successful upgrade! 

Cheers,

Loren

Huy Nguyen October 7, 2015

Thank you for your explanation Loren. It is helpful.

William Ing October 7, 2015

Still, there is something that is not clear. If I want to renew only JIRA Core, I see no option to do it myself.

Loren Siegel
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 8, 2015

Hi William, When it comes time for your renewal and you wish to renew your current JIRA license to JIRA Core, reach out to sales@atlassian.com and we will provide you with a discount promotional code to purchase a new JIRA Core licenses at the discounted renewal price. Hope this explains! Cheers, Loren

0 votes
Darn Schuetze October 7, 2015

Very good informations. Thank you:D

0 votes
William Ing October 6, 2015

Really good question! Atlassian did come up with an entire migration website but failed to answer this basic question.

Suggest an answer