We have created Project type as Simple Issue tracking. Now I would like to change the project type to JIRA default scheme type. How shall I do it?

Susmita Luitel August 25, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2015

Project type is a template, it only applies at the point of creation.

To change to another shape of project, go to project admin and change the schemes to match the new type you are aiming for.

Susmita Luitel August 26, 2015

Thank you for your reply. I want to be more clear on this. 

Actually, I have created my earlier project as Simple Issue type. There are are only 4-5 configure fields while creating an issue under this project. I would like to add "time tracking" configure field while creating the new issue. As the project is already created as simple issue type, I don't have time tracking option in configure field.

How could I resolve this now?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2015

Alter the field configuration scheme and the screens in use so that they include the time-tracking field.

Suggest an answer