• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • We have a requirement in jira wherein we want to configure a mailbox in such a way that whenever any jira task is created for our project it automatically assigns the ticket to mailbox from where we can pick the ticket and assign to somebody

We have a requirement in jira wherein we want to configure a mailbox in such a way that whenever any jira task is created for our project it automatically assigns the ticket to mailbox from where we can pick the ticket and assign to somebody

ashleyg June 3, 2014

How is this possible to configure for our project in jira. Because so far we only know that we can configure mailbox for tickets which get created in jira once emails are sent to that mailbox addess.But as i mentioned here we have exactly the reverse requirement. Can somebody please help me on this may be Andy Brookes or Nic Borough...Looking forward to you guys.

1 answer

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2014

It does sound like a JEMH type of configuration. Have the workflow send a mail to the mailbox via JEMH and when someone picks up the ticket they can reply with the correct parameters to assign the ticket to themselves (or another user)

ashleyg June 7, 2014

Hi Steve,

I'm not much sure about JEMH may be because i'm not too much technical but yeah what all i need is just a solution to the requirement wherein as soon as a ticket is created in jira pertaining to my project it should send mail to a mailbox configured on my system and from there we can pick the ticket and assign to someone rather than visiting jira and checking for open issues. Actually few of us in the project , lets say, will have a mailbox configured in such a way that any created issue will trigger mail to it just the reverse of the existing scenario in our project where we get ticket created in jira when mail is sent to our mailbox.

Could you please provide the exact solution to what all i would need to do regarding this.I need it urgently to start our production activities soon.

Suggest an answer