• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • We currently run JIRA Software package for Agile and Scrum purposes. Would like to use as Program Management and Service Ticket Package. Is this possible or do I need separate instances?

We currently run JIRA Software package for Agile and Scrum purposes. Would like to use as Program Management and Service Ticket Package. Is this possible or do I need separate instances?

Ray Bracken February 15, 2017

We currently have JIRA Software for tracking Agile and Scrum activities for software development.  I am being asked to start tracking Program Management activities and to start up a Service Ticketing system.  Can other add-ons be installed to accomplish this or do I need to have separate instances for each process?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Klemme February 16, 2017

Depending on the complexity, one instance should be fine. You can implement the process with different projects, you'll probably need 2 at least.

Since you mentioned "Program" and "Service" check out whether it'll make sense to use Service Desk, Tempo Budgets or BigPicture.. Will depend on whether you'll want to track cost and/or dependecies (think Gantt and crititcal path) as well..

Cheers

Suggest an answer