We can't log in to JIRA this morning. Is the server down?

Lian Chen July 9, 2014

We can't log in to JIRA this morning. Is the server down?

9 answers

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2014

Did you tried to use this url?

Can you login on that page?

You can upload images using the blue arrow besides 'code' on the toolbox right above the comment.

0 votes
Lian Chen July 9, 2014

I was able to get to JIRA's homepage https://epmsdash.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspaand see the login icon but nothing after that. It won't give me the login prompt or see any of my tickets. I think we are using 8080 as the port.

By the way, how do I upload a screenshot to this forum?

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

agreed

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2014

Lian, we need more information regarding your issue. Could be many things.

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2014

Hello Lian.

With the information provided we can't say if the server is down or not.

So if you can please post the answer for these few questions

- Can you access JIRA's Home Page? If yes what kind of error appears when you try to login

- Can ping your JIRA ip address?

- Which port are you using for JIRA? The default 8080 or some custom port?

With that kind of information we can help you better.

Best regards.
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Jira Support Engineer

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2014

We faced this kind of issue where we changed LDAP server port in jira

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2014

try login with local jira admin user.

If you are using AD, please check LDAP connection details under Administration->Users Management-> User Directories.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

Um, you don't know what type of system this is. We don't know if it's OnDemand/Cloud or a server installation on site. You don't know what the error messages or symptoms are, so you can't just assume it's LDAP - it could really be that the server has died, DNS has changed/died, Jira has halted, or, or, or.

If you are going to randomly guess like that, you need to detail ALL the possible alternatives, or, better, get some information about the symptoms. Or you could easily waste time going in completely the wrong direction!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2014

I think you're asking the wrong people.

We're a community of end-users.

If you're using OnDemand, you should contact atlassian OnDemand/Cloud support (at https://support.atlassian.com) and if you're running your own servers, then your own support team.

Suggest an answer