• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the

ArcadiaK September 22, 2016

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

8 answers

1 accepted

28 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2016

The error is normally caused by a post function in the Create Issue transition.

To troubleshoot:

1. Find the workflow used by the Issue Type in question
  2. locate the "Create" transition
  3. check the Post Functions for problems

Sometimes a post function requires a plugin that is disabled or a postfunction is positioned on top of "Create issue originally" and has problems on runtime, thus the issue can't be created.

If post functions look ok, contact support at support.atlassian.com

Cheers!

Tarun Sapra July 27, 2018

Thanks, Indeed it was a post-function!

Maryana Osipchuk August 30, 2018

Thanks! It was " is positioned on top of "Create issue originally" "

Like Matt Hessler likes this
Dave January 11, 2019

This was exactly my issue.  Thanks for posting this.

Chloe Flores February 18, 2019

This really helped. Thanks team. 

Matt Hessler April 15, 2019

Ran into this as well. Post function steps using JSU don't seem to do well if they are before "Create the issue originally" function. I haven't seen issues with other plugins like JWT however, I would think that in most cases the first post function should be "Create the issue originally"

Thanks again!

Vitaliy Lukashov September 10, 2019

Hello, thanks, it helped

Ahmet Kilic _catworkx November 19, 2019

Aus Validator könnte es auch entstehen.

The reason could be also Validator. (FYI)

Like Harry likes this
Sahasra January 30, 2020

how to find the work flow ? what are post functions ?

Ahmet Kilic _catworkx January 31, 2020

Please check the following Link 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/build-the-workflow-you-need/

You will find more Details there

rob.zimmelman April 14, 2021

thanks!  was a validator in my case, looking for a field that was deleted.

2 votes
LynF February 11, 2017

Correct but not entirely correct.  

In my case the post function was set correctly - the problem was with the the custom field configuration.  I resolved the issue by identifying why a field was not displaying in a screen.  From there the rest was easy. 

However it would be far better to have a non ambiguous message saying exactly what the problem was.  I sat here for 10 minutes before copying the error message and googling it. 

Andy June 16, 2017

Hello!

How have you found it out?

Were there any errors in log that indicated this trouble?

I'm facing the same message now, and I have no idea where to look.

Best wishes, Andrey

Srikanth Vemuluri January 6, 2022

Hii 

In my case post function was set correctly and I even checked the filed configuration scheme still the error was the same. 

Any Suggestions?? 

Piotr Janik January 7, 2022

[~4636631] Custom field configuration isn't the same thing as field configuration schemes. It's under {{Issues --> Custom fields --> (the name of the field)}}.

1 vote
NSW Land Registry Services December 2, 2018

This error can also appear when a drive on the server fills up that Jira relies on. 

Florian Luber April 26, 2019

That's what happened to us.

1 vote
Rupendra Soni April 29, 2017

Hi Guys,

Thanks for pointing at reason for the issue.

I verified that postfcuntions and plugin used were proper.

But the background indexing was not going further due to index file corrupted. Hence I did "Lock JIRA and rebuild index". 

After reindexing it worked again.

How reindexing is related to postfunction using some plugin.

Thanks in advance,

Regards 

Rupendra Soni

Mark July 26, 2018

Thanks, I solved same problem by reindex.

Rupendra Soni July 26, 2018

Awesome, you are welcome.

0 votes
Piotr Janik February 20, 2021

Another possibility is creating a task linked to an Epic you have no permission to edit. (Apparently linking, just like assigning and unlike transitioning, is a subpermission of editing).

The task will be created (without the offending epic link), but the Create screen won't close, and you'll see this error on the top of the screen. The defective task (or tasks, if you kept on hitting the Create button...) won't show until you reindex the project (or the whole instance). It will also be marked for fixing by the Integrity Checker "Check workflow entry states are correct" job.

Jeffrey Gordon March 4, 2021

We just ran into this this week after upgrading from 8.5.4 to 8.13.3.  Users will be surprised to find that they actually created a separate issue for every time they hit the Create button.  If they finally clear the Epic Link value and hit create, it will create (yet another one) and close the dialog.  And all of the issues that got created prior to that one will not have any workflow buttons available.  This is because the os_wfentry record in the database for that issue has state=0.

Working on this with Atlassian Premier Support at the moment.

IIRC - in 8.5.4 it would proceed to create the issue when you clicked Create but silently NOT link it to the Epic if you didn't have Edit Issues permission in the relevant project.

Like # people like this
Cyril Egan March 9, 2021

I ran into this situation today also.  I think this is the related bug - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-71884

Thanks @Jeffrey Gordon  for the heads up on the workflow buttons not being available.  I'll run the integrity checker to fix.

Like Piotr Janik likes this
Eric R Hartway June 7, 2021

This was my issue.  Once I gave the agent "edit" and "linking" permissions the issue resolved, thanks. 

Piotr Janik June 7, 2021

JRASERVER-71884 is already marked as fixed in 8.15.1 (LTS: 8.13.7). Hopefully an upgrade will help more permanently.

0 votes
Vani Logesh October 25, 2018

Dear team,

I've caught same error

Error 400
We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file. 

I have a simple Java code in Github which has 3 test cases out of which all 3  will fail. I have a Maven project in jenkins which will create issues for failed tests while building the project. I'm using JiraTestResultReporter plugin. I have Jira credentials in Configure System Page in Jenkins. Even when I select the "Auto Raise Issues" option, Issues are not getting created. However I was able to create issues from Test results page in Jenkins(So i think communication is not a problem)manually by clicking "+" next to failed test. but after clicking on create new issue link the above error message is displayed.

Q1. Why my issue is not getting created automatically..

Q2. Why am getting Error 400 message when click on create new issue link

Note:All my post build functions are correct as for i know.Jiraintegration error.jpg

pic for your reference

0 votes
Rafael Oliveira June 23, 2017

Dear Team, 

I am facing a simmilar problem, I am traying to copy the value of a Project picker field and to another.

But is not possible due to the fact that this is a advanced field in JIRA. 

So before show the information JIRA modify the string to a kind of html hypertext.

Also the same message errors aperas. 

Roy Chapman June 12, 2018

We have the same issue

In all cases I am seeing a duff post function. These include

Null "Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners" entry
Clearing the resolution status before the step "Creates the issue originally"

We started to see these errors after an upgrade (from v7.1.9 to v7.6.4) and I suspect that the bad post functions were simply ignored in the earlier version.

I have no way of finding if other workflows have the same issues, I have to sit back and wait for complements from the users.

Roy Chapman August 31, 2018

Turned out one of the plugins was not working.  Stopped and started the plugin and all came back to life

Brian Long October 1, 2018

Which plugin was the cause of the issue?

Roy Chapman October 2, 2018

It was one of the scripting plugins (apologies, we have 5 of them and I don't recall which).  There was a post rule that sent an email.  The plugin (or this part of the plugin) was disabled and the post step failed.  Disabling/Enabling the plugin fixed.

0 votes
Andy June 16, 2017

Hello everybody!

I've caught similar error and catched error in log file - jirasoftware310517123036-stdout.2017-06-16

That's it:

com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: Can not assign issue to nonexistent user: waiting.

waiting was my fake user, mentioned as default assignee in project setup.

I've change project setup to have no default assignee (UNASSIGNED),

deleted user "waiting" - and got this error.

I've created it again, and everything is working now.

But I still have question - what's wrong with project setup? It's still no default assignee, but all new issues are assigned to "waiting"

Help me pls :)))

Suggest an answer