We can not search issues on the basis of dbcf custom field value on Jira 5.1.

We have done a backup restore from Jira 4.3 to jira 5.1 version. We have older issues of Jira 4.3 having the values for DBCF custom field. We are not able to search those issues on Jira 5.1.

Please provide a quick help ASAP.

2 answers

To further clarify, a custom field for "responsible team" has lots of filters running against it like Responsible Team = "Client Support". In current 4.3 production these will return related issues. After importing the production data to the 5.1 instance, they do not return matches (yet the data in the issues appears to be unchanged. We have other custom fields that seem to migrate fine.

It appears that even though in the database these fields are populated, in the issues they are not (filtering for the field empty returns issues).

Most probably, you need a reindexing. If the problem still persists, please open up an issue on http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com

Thanks.

forgot to mention that we did re-index. and we re-attempted the import and re-indexed. no change.

http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/browse/DBCF-34

opened.

What we have discovered is that after the import of 4.3 data into a new 5.1 instance, NO Database Information fields show the previous values. So this still could be a Atlassian issue possibly.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,772 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot