• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • We are setting up a new instance of jira to replace our old system. The old system will be used as a development environment. How can I easily migrate projects (with associated config and issues if needed) to the new instance?

We are setting up a new instance of jira to replace our old system. The old system will be used as a development environment. How can I easily migrate projects (with associated config and issues if needed) to the new instance?

Dave Scheet December 23, 2014

We have a current system that is running on a small development server.  We are in the process of standing up a new "production" quality server to run our JIRA system from.  We want to use the current system as a development environment so that we can test workflow changes and updates prior to putting them into production.  How can I easily migrate all of the config and issues from the old to the new.  And then going forward, how can I publish config changes to production once they have been tested.

Also, our current system uses JIRA's internal directory, but we want the new system to use Active Directory.  Is there an easy way to map users so that historical information is not lost.

We are not opposed to purchasing plugins to accomplish these tasks.

2 answers

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

Hi Dave,

Configuration Manager for JIRA add-on provides features to automate the process of moving configuration changes between JIRA instances and thus implementing Dev- Stage-Production environment for deploying JIRA changes. Using different directories for user management works great with our add-on.

We will be happy to give you a demo. Please drop us an email at sales@botronsoft.com if you are interested.

Cheers,
Peter

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2014

I always reach for the Botron Configurator addon for moving configs around

Suggest an answer