• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • We are planning to migrate from Jira Standalone to Atlassian OnDemand, But would like to know if the OnDemand Jira is provided on a dedicated infrastructure? Can we have readonly access on Jira DB ?

We are planning to migrate from Jira Standalone to Atlassian OnDemand, But would like to know if the OnDemand Jira is provided on a dedicated infrastructure? Can we have readonly access on Jira DB ?

prod-icon

3 answers

1 votes

Dedicated infrastructure - not really, it sits on servers that are in a pool.

You will not get SQL access to it.

Thanks Nic.

Is there anyway I can request values(primary key ID) of custom fields/custom entities for my projects ?

Why would you want that? You can get it via screenscraping... jquery or xpath expressions.

Yup, I can't think of many good reasons to get that, other than to use it in code. Which isn't of much use because you can't upload code into OnDemand. Or for scrapes/REST/XML etc, which contain it already, so you don't need to ask anyone for it.

Hi, OnDemand uses virtualized servers that share the same dedicated servers between multiple users. You won't get access to the database etc.

If you need JIRA hosting on a dedicated server with full support, feel free to contact us @ https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php for a custom quote.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,063 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot