We are migrating JIRA Software to Cloud, how much space do I have for attachments?

Stefan Steenkamp January 26, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2016

Cloud has two caps - 25Gb when you have less than 500 users, and 100Gb when you have more than 500 users.

That space is total space - it covers the system installations, the database, the attachments and everything else, and it's for all the applications - so if you have JIRA and Confluence, they both use the same space.

Your 12Gb will be fine now, but you may need to think about it if you're going to double it quickly.

0 votes
Akash Gaonkar January 26, 2016

Hi Stefan,

As per your question i would like to inform you that, the default space we get over JIRA cloud for attachments is 10485760 bytes i.e. 10 MB, but it can be exceeded up-to 2147483647 bytes through edit setting option in attachment panel.

Note: if you exceed limit then it will pop up an message "Attachment size must be a number between 1 to 2147483647."

So the maximum space  we can allot to attachments are  2,048.00 MB

Stefan Steenkamp January 26, 2016

Thanks Ahash but I was actually referring to the TOTAL space available for attachments, currently I have 12Gigs of attachments that needs to be migrated to Cloud.  Will this be possible?

Suggest an answer