We are a cloud based JIRA client and I want to see how long a story was in a status. Is this doable?

We do scrumerfall here (or whatever you want to call it) and we estimate in hours (eeek!). We do not use the fields for capturing the hour estimates and progress in the story - as we don't totally want to follow waterfall! wink

I am seeking data to know how long a story was in a status to understand a few things about our sprints. 

• Are we estimating accurately 
  • Are there bottlenecks the data will surface
  • Are certain devs taking longer on stories then other - to see how we can better set them up for success

I have seen some plugins - but not cloud based. And I am happy to run a search seeking the dates of stories in a status - but I can't seem to figure out the right search componets.

Help me help my team! 

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, Susan.

I think this documentation may be useful to you:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Tracking+the+Time+Taken+for+Each+Workflow+Transition

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Thanks Jaime!  I have seen this before. 

• JIRA Charts 
    • This is kinda helpful - it doesn't tell me each stories time in a status - just an average
  • JIRA Suite Utilities
    • Kinda helpful too - The tab information is what I would like to export out or run a report on - but I can't figure out how to do that. 
  • Time In Status 
    • Is not cloud based 

Additional thoughts?

Hi Susan,

If you are still looking, I would like to suggest you to try eazyBI plugin. It is available for JIRA Cloud, please see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.eazybi.atlassian-connect.eazybi-jira.

Here is an example 'Days in transition status by transition assignee' report that shows how much days issues have spent Assigned to user and in which status at that time. By clicking on any of the cells you can select to Drill through issue to see which issues are included in the calculation. Additionally you can modify the report and drag Issues dimension to rows instead of Assignees.

Let me know if this works for you or if you have any additional questions!
Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

122 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you