Ways to distinguish JIRA tickets with attachments?

Pei April 2, 2013

We have JIRA users who want to scan reports and attaching the reports as PDFs in a JIRA ticket. The request is if there's a way to separate the JIRA tickets with particular attachments apart from other JIRA tickets in the project. So far here are my options, but I feel like there's a more flexible and easier way to give the user what they want.

1. Options...

• a. When an email is sent and ticket is created, a staff member will assign the ticket a particular label. Then set a filter to search on the particular label.
  • b. Create a new workflow transition button and set a workflow Post Function by adding a Parameter to Function. When staff selects the new transition button, the Post Function will update the custom labels field with a particular label.
  • c. Create a checkbox custom field. When staff member clicks on a transition button, a transition screen will appear with the checkbox, staff member will select the check box. A filter will be set whether the checkbox field is empty or not.

Thoughts anyone?

Thank you,

Pei

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Script runner plugin has a jql function where you can search for issues with attachments with a particular name or extension, issueFunction in hasAttachments ("pdf").

0 votes
Pei April 2, 2013

Thanks everyone for your responses!

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi,

I'd vote for add the label manually and use a filter to search those tickets. I think that some times the most simple solution is the best choice.

Cheers

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

You can use JIRA Suite Utilities plugin and create a "Number of attachments" custom field which you can use to filter the issues accordingly.

Henning

Suggest an answer