Ways to distinguish JIRA tickets with attachments?

We have JIRA users who want to scan reports and attaching the reports as PDFs in a JIRA ticket. The request is if there's a way to separate the JIRA tickets with particular attachments apart from other JIRA tickets in the project. So far here are my options, but I feel like there's a more flexible and easier way to give the user what they want.

1. Options...

• a. When an email is sent and ticket is created, a staff member will assign the ticket a particular label. Then set a filter to search on the particular label.
  • b. Create a new workflow transition button and set a workflow Post Function by adding a Parameter to Function. When staff selects the new transition button, the Post Function will update the custom labels field with a particular label.
  • c. Create a checkbox custom field. When staff member clicks on a transition button, a transition screen will appear with the checkbox, staff member will select the check box. A filter will be set whether the checkbox field is empty or not.

Thoughts anyone?

Thank you,

Pei

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Script runner plugin has a jql function where you can search for issues with attachments with a particular name or extension, issueFunction in hasAttachments ("pdf").

Henning Tietgens Community Champion Apr 02, 2013

You can use JIRA Suite Utilities plugin and create a "Number of attachments" custom field which you can use to filter the issues accordingly.

Henning

Hi,

I'd vote for add the label manually and use a filter to search those tickets. I think that some times the most simple solution is the best choice.

Cheers

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

296 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you