Way to transfer all users in a project to a group

Kathleen Jacobs June 12, 2013

Users in project roles change pretty often and we have groups for each project.

Trying to find a faster way to update the groups when people leave and enter project roles instead of going in and manually doing it.

Scrip, plugin, anything? Would save me a lot of time

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

Or delegate your group management to an outside LDAP (the company one) and manage the memberships there.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

I'm not aware of any possibility to do this. What you can do it's use another point of view.

Create 'Generic' groups in roles i.e. 'project1-dev', 'project1-admin' and everytime you have to add or remove someone from a project just add or remove from the group. Of course it's not very practical and have it's complications but it's a possibility...

Hope this helps.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013

Yup... That's the same thing I was thinking...

Kathleen Jacobs June 12, 2013

The issue with this is a Project's admin can't manage groups. They can only manage roles. So if they want to add or remove someone, they can't

Suggest an answer