Way to prevent logging hours on single issue

Dan Schreiber August 22, 2013

Is there a way to prevent someone from logging time on an issue if either the issue is closed, or if the time would exceed the remaining estimated hours?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2013

you can prevent to enter work log if the issue is closed by using workflow properties,

try with this by adding on closed state properties

jira.permission.worklog=denied

check this for more infomation

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

0 votes
armagan_kim December 3, 2013

Also, there was a second part to the question: Is there any way to limit the number of hours entered to what the remaining hours?

I am also interested in this feature. I would appritiate if someone can point where to look.

0 votes
Dan Schreiber August 29, 2013

OK, once you make an issue not-editable in JIRA, you need to also tell tempo it can't edit those issues either. Go to Administration-> Add-ons->Tempo (on the left side bar)->Global Configuration. Then uncheck the "Allow logging on not editable issues" checkbox.

0 votes
Dan Schreiber August 26, 2013

OK, that seems to work in JIRA, in that the JIRA Log Time dialog is disabled. BUT, I have the Tempo add-on installed, and it doesn't seem to honor the property.

Also, there was a second part to the question: Is there any way to limit the number of hours entered to what the remaining hours?

Suggest an answer