Way to minimize email notifications?

Will McNamara March 20, 2014

Our Jira instance is extremely busy, and several tickets I get assigned, can have an aggregated total of 100-200 edits a day. generally they come in waves, when our product manager makes updates to use cases and whatnot. And my phone goes crazy, buzzing as each individual email is received one after another.

I really wish there was a way to have the changes queue, and only send out after a set amount of time. as a single concatenated email, or summery.

Is there currently a built in mechanism, or 3rd party plugin to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2014

Notifications are sent when an update event is fired.

One way to do is:

In your notification scheme you have Edit issue and an event fired with that. You can remove your users (or yourself) at the Edit section of notification scheme and create a JIRA filter and subscribe to that filter daily or with a different frequency. Filter would look at updated field for a day for example and you or other users/groups would get subscription emails at the end of the day.

Suggest an answer