Way to contatenate fields?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

I would like to be able to fill a text field with the contents of two other fields when an event happens.

I have plugins that let me write the contents of Field A into Field B. What I would like is to be able to do this:

Field C = Field A & " " & Field B.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012
0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

I am assuming that you are writing an event listener for this so ,when the event occurs get the value of the two fields A & B , then concatenate it, then update the text field C with the new concatenated value.

Below is a code snippet for updating a cutomfield

CustomField customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName( "your_customfield_name" );

IssueChangeHolder changeHolder = new DefaultIssueChangeHolder();
String concatenated="A"+"B"; //here A and B are values for textfield A and textfield B
//Update the custom field value
customField.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField), concatenated),changeHolder);

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2012

While I look forward (!) to figuring out how to write listeners someday, for now I was looking for a plugin to do it.

Suggest an answer