Watcher isn't receiving notifications from one particular user

Amber L Garcia August 2, 2012

I have a key watcher needs to be aware of updates but is not the assignee or creator. He is marked as a watcher and gets notified of all events except when one particular user adds updates comments, attachments or anything. I'm not finding a setting to exclude any particular user updates, and we are using default notification schemes.

What could be keeping him from getting those notifications?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2012

There's no way of doing that in Jira without some heavy coding, which you won't have in OnDemand.

Check two things:

1) The recipient's client's email rules

2) That the particular user is updating without using bulk-edit...

Amber L Garcia August 3, 2012

The client email rules (notification schema) is all correct, and the updating user doesn't use bulk editing - she is commenting back and forth with the user...

I can't figure out why else it wouldn't be working - and he said it has never worked. I asked that he didnt' have this users name filter out of his inbox to junk mail or another folder - and he said no...If I don't fine a solution, I suppose I'll create him a dashboard with activites from that user...not the best work around.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2012

The problem is that it's working for other people. That implies that the fault is with their account and not Jira. Assuming the email address on their Jira account is correct, it really only leaves their email account as a problem.

I'd raise this with Atlassian support, as further debugging is going to need email logging and then someone to read the extra logging that creates. I suspect they'll come back to you with a simple "the emails are being sent" and the details, which you'll be able to give to your email admins to trace through your email servers to the users. Or, they'll be able to spot what is wrong in the configuration (It really does sound like that is all correct to me though)

0 votes
Amber L Garcia October 9, 2012

Although the exact solution hasn't been identified, it seems that this may have been a user error...the notifications are coming through now. Thanks for your help to narrow down the possilble answers.

Suggest an answer