Watcher Field Settings

Calogero Bonasia May 14, 2015

for example 
in the page of a JIRA installation 
https://jira.server/secure/project/WatcherFieldSettings.jspa 

Allow JIRA to add watchers independently 
This settings allows JIRA to add watchers using the watcher field without using a user account (null user). Useful when adding default watchers when creating issue via email. 
Warning: This ignores the "Manage Watcher" permissions. 

Allow users to be added as watchers regardless of Browse Issue permissions 
This settings allows users to be added as watchers from the custom field that do not have "Browse Issue" permissions. 

then, if I understand correctly, when I use the function to create a JIRA issue by emailing jira.server@myserver.com (for example) can handle as watchers even email addresses that have no corresponding user in JIRA? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Piotr Klimkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2015

This watchers field is from this plugin, correct? I haven't used it, maybe you could ask the author for support.

By default JIRA mail handlers will add users from CC as watchers only if they already exist in JIRA with email address matching the one from cc field. Check this out for more details: Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Suggest an answer