Watch Share How do you convert a JIRA project to a JIRA Service Desk?

Daniela Cavalheiro September 19, 2014

Is possible to convert a JIRA project to a JIRA Service Desk project?

3 answers

3 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2014

Go to the project admin screen and Enable Service Desk under the Service Desk tab.

1 vote
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2014

Hi Daniela,

Perhaps this article can help you out: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/How+JIRA+and+JIRA+Service+Desk+Work+Together

Please note:

• Create a service desk for an existing JIRA project - This option is ideal if you've already been using JIRA in a help desk capacity (for example, to fill IT requests, etc.). When you create a service desk for an existing project, JIRA Service Desk uses the workflow, fields, permissions, and issue types you already have set up on the project as a basis for the flow of requests in the service desk.

Please let us know if you have any other question about it.

Cheers!

0 votes
Simon Bauer March 15, 2015

Sorry for digging up that old thread, but I have the exact same problem. I've read the whole article Daniela posted but I don't see, where you create the Service Desk for an existing project. All I can do is create a completely new Service Desk.

Also, I don't have a "Service Desk tab" on the administration oanel of a project.

Greetings, Simon.

//edit

Never mind, I got it. turns out you have to be JIRA Admin AND Service Desk Agent in order to convert a project to SD.

Suggest an answer