Warning on Startup - filterFormParameters

Zach Newman July 25, 2012

After upgrading from Jira 4.3 to 5.1 and removing some outdated plugins and services, I get the following warning upon starting jira and loggin in. Everything seems to work fine though. I can't find much on what might be causing this. Any thoughts?

Jul 26, 2012 8:32:00 AM com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent filterFormParameters

WARNING: A servlet POST request, to the URI http://-------/rest/gadget/1.0/login, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.

7 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2012

This is a bug coming from the Atlassian REST plugin. It has been reported here : https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/REST-200. You can be affected by this if you upgrade to a version of JIRA after 4.4.

The original bug reported for Confluence is here : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24962.

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2012

I get the same, and cant login at all... luckily at my testsystem.

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

I too can't login after upgrading from 4.4 to 5.1.7. When will this be fixed?

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

Hi Nabil.

THat must be 5.1.7 :-) Any catalina.out messages or simeilar to share?

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

True, 5.1.7 :-)

No other messages, except the login form warning in the above question.

1 vote
Amit Girme February 26, 2013

Guys, did you find the any answers to it??

And yeah if you are not able to login just change the order of directories.. I guess most of us having ldap/AD enabled so that directory should be first and you will see that it will allow you login.

It worked for me and I am at version 5.2.7 i.e. latest at this time.

I will update you if I found any solution to it.

0 votes
Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

For me it helps to check the "Remember me" checkbox.

0 votes
Mocospace October 31, 2012

From catalina.out, Jira 5.1.6, just upgraded (from 4.4.4) 2 hours ago.

Nov 1, 2012 1:29:51 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent filterFormParameters

WARNING: A servlet POST request, to the URI http://xxx.xxx.com/rest/jira-mail-plugin/1.0/message-handlers/validate?atl_token=xxxxxxxxxxx Clin, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.

Nov 1, 2012 1:30:22 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent filterFormParameters

WARNING: A servlet POST request, to the URI http://xxx.xxx.com/rest/jira-mail-plugin/1.0/message-handlers/validate?atl_token=xxxxxxxxxxx Clin, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.

2012-11-01 13:31:30,062 StreamsCompletionService::thread-155 WARN anonymous com.atlassian.streams.internal.ActivityProviderConnectionMonitorImpl:activityProviderMonitor [atlassian.streams.internal.AppLinksActivityProvider] Unable to retrieve filter options from /rest/activity-stream/1.0/config?local=true

0 votes
Zach Newman August 21, 2012

Right, just checked my logs as well. This occurs after login.

0 votes
Zach Newman August 21, 2012

Right, just checked my logs as well. This occurs after loggin in.

0 votes
JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

I am also getting these warnings in 5.1.1 - but not just on startup. These warnings are filling my logs.

Suggest an answer