Warning in Jira 7 logs SafePluginPointAccess Unable to run plugin

Hi,

We have upgraded to JIRA 7.0.2. We are getting below warning continuously. 

[c.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.ClassCastException - com.atlassian.jira.user.BridgedDirectoryUser cannot be cast to com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser'.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

That suggests an add-on is incompatible with 7 and needs updating.  At a guess, I'd say it is probably an addon related to users - the "watchers field" addon for example.

We are not using any watcher field jar. but still this warning is coming every time. We re indexed also. still no use.

It was an example of an addon - you need to check *all* your addons for compatibility and bugs

We are not using any watcher field jar. but still this warning is coming every time. We re indexed also. still no use.

Hi! Are you solved this warning?

I'd assume that all the addons were checked for compatibility and bugs and one that was broken was removed.

Hi Nic!

thx for your answer, I found also incompatibility add-on, but it doesn't solve problem. I have a similar error:

/secure/AjaxIssueAction!default.jspa [c.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.NullPointerException - null'. 

/secure/CommentAssignIssue!default.jspa [c.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.NullPointerException - null'. 

/secure/WorkflowUIDispatcher.jspa [c.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.NullPointerException - null'. 

You'll need to look further through the logs for the root cause of that.

Ok, thx for you!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

150 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you