Warning for possible Bug in JIRA log

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

Hi there,

i get following warnings in the log

2017-08-16 10:47:45,988 ajp-nio-8010-exec-29 WARN arichter 647x4406435x5 jvpgw8 91.208.38.1 /rest/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours/1.0/behaviours/validators.json [c.o.j.behaviours.restservice.BehavioursEndpoint] REST /behaviours/validators should not be called with a null issueId. Possible BUG
2017-08-16 10:47:26,876 ajp-nio-8010-exec-28 WARN arichter 647x4406136x4 jvpgw8 91.208.38.1 /rest/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours/1.0/behaviours/validators.json [c.o.j.behaviours.restservice.BehavioursEndpoint] REST /behaviours/validators should not be called with a null issueId. Possible BUG

Can anybody tell me what the source of this could be or what is the best way to find the source and fix it?

Thanks and cheers,

Alex

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2017

Hi Alex, 

I repled to you in your support request, but i will copy my answer and here just in case someone esle has the same question.

This was actually a bug that was fixed for version 5.0.11 - SRJIRA-1883

If you cannot update to the latest version though, there is nothing to worry about (apart from the fact that this is a false alarm). My guess is that you get this message whenever you are trying to log work via tempo (or open a tempo related form) and the code responsible for behaviours triggers but it does not execute anything. And even if you had a behaviour still it wouldn't execute anything because it cannot find the right context (no issue id in that form).

Regards, Thanos

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

It's a potential problem with the ScriptRunner add-on.

For most add-ons, I would immediately check for updated versions of of the add-on in case there is a fix for it, and then ask the vendor, as that's the sort of thing that is very likely to be a bug in their code.

However.  ScriptRunner lets you write and run your own code inside JIRA.  So it could easily be the code you wrote that is failing (by "you", I mean "any of your administrators")

In this case, the warning mentions behaviours\validators, so you know it is going to be in there.  Go to admin -> ScriptRunner -> Behaviors and have a look through all the validator type ones, it looks like a behaviour is trying to execute on a screen that does not have any issue context.

If you're still stuck or can't see any flaws (and it might still be a bug in ScriptRunner), my colleagues will be happy to take a look if you raise it at https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2017

we do not have any behaviors configured..

behaviour.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

That makes it easy - Log it with Jamie's team  :-)

Suggest an answer