Warning about an email in the error queue

Marketa Dvorackova March 11, 2015

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if there exists a way to get a warning when there is an email that ended up in the error queue. From time to time it happens and I've noticed that after some time, the email just disappears from the queue and it is possible that no one even noticed it was ever there. I understand it should be checked, but for security measures, it would be good to be able to let someone know.

Thanks for any ideas.

Marketa

1 answer

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

Hello Marketa,

You can enable the email protocol logging.

Logging email protocol  and check email errors with more detail.

Marketa Dvorackova March 11, 2015

Hi Paulo, yes, I am aware of that and we do that. But the problem is when nobody looks at the queue to see if there is an email stuck there. We wanted some kind of a lazy info: 'Hey, have a look, there is an email in the error queue'.

Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

I got your point Marketa. We don't have that feature right now (By standard, JIRA flush the queue every minute), I tried to find some third-party plugin who could do it too, but was not successful.

Marketa Dvorackova March 12, 2015

I understand. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Suggest an answer