Warning, Note, Info, Tip etc macros in JIRA comments

Dave Hergert March 24, 2013

Is it possible to display the warning, note, info, tip, etc lozenge / call-out macros in JIRA comments? Often times we have large comments and even instructions for doing something within a JIRA issue and it would be nice to call out specific points using the call outs.

Even if this couldn't be done in comments, it might be nice to be able to do it in the description of an issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Although there is no such concept as call-out in JIRA, there are various options:

• you can color code your comments with a striking color so that they are easily spotted. Use the {color:red}hightlight{color} in the comment box (this also works for descriptions.
  • You can also use the headings (.h1 .... .h3) to highlight text
  • Or, I think this might be easier, use this Q&A plugin

hope this helps,

Jacques.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

You have to use the wiki markup renderer for comments for this to work. This could be configured in the field configuration.

Dave Hergert March 25, 2013

Yea, the wiki-style renderer is enabled, its just I want to use certain macros. I already use the headings extensively which makes comments look much better, and I will try colors as needed. Thanks!

0 votes
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2015

Hi

This is a bit late, but for anyone finding this now, we've developed the Quick Suggest Macros plugin.
It adds a few new macros into JIRA. Some of those are the Warning/Note/Info/Tip macros, along with a new autocomplete feature for all existing macros. Simply type a curly "{" brace, and the autocomplete dialog presents you with the available macros, and options to configure them.

Cheers,
Anthony

Suggest an answer