Wanted to know how ScriptRunner plugin functionality "Fires an event when condition is true" works?

Mohammad Iftekharul Hoque April 18, 2016

In new version of ScriptRunner plugin I saw that I can choose new events like CustomFieldCreatedEvent, CustomFieldUpdatedEvent, CustomFieldDeletedEvent etc. But I do not know how to use these new events? I did not find any way to add this new events in my project notification scheme. So if I can not add this new events to my project notification scheme how can i receive notifications?

Thanks

Iftekhar

2 answers

1 vote
Paddy Byrne April 18, 2016

In the Admin 'Add-on' Section, find Script runner section in menu on left of page. Click 'Scripted Listeners', then click

'Fires an event when condition is true'

image2016-4-18 21:6:59.png

Now configure the Listener as to which events to evaluate, and enter some evaluation code in the 'conditions' section. Click 'expand examples' for clues. Finally select which event you ultimately want to fire if the condition is true. This event can be a custom event, that you can watch out for in a notification scheme.

image2016-4-18 21:5:56.png

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

You cannot use those events in a notification scheme, they are not "per project" for one reason. 

You can run your own code when any of those things happen - see https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/listeners.html#_custom_listeners

Suggest an answer