Want to switch workflows back to the JIRA default, in "Assign Issue types..." see an orange warning?

Karl Seiler October 3, 2017

We use the standard JIRA issue types (Epic, Story, Task, Subtask,...). We have a custom workflow supporting a few thousand issues. Would like to carefully switch back to the default JIRA workflow for software projects.

In the process of switching, I selected in "Add Workflow" the default "Jira Workfow (jira)". In the "Assign issue types..." dialog for any issue type i select, such as "Epic" I see a little orange warning icon on the right. Before I proceed, what is that warning me of?

I have backup the JIRA cloud database.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi Karl,

If you hover over the warning sign do you get any text that alludes to what the error is?

In my instance when I create a new Workflow and associate it to a scheme I get an orange triangle and if I hover over it, the text begins with:

For a workflow to remain active in your project it must have at least one issue type assigned to it.  If you assign this issue type to this workflow you will be de-activating another workflow and removing it from this project.

Hover over your warning and see what it says and let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Branden

Karl Seiler October 3, 2017

Yes, thanks, that is the message. I am assuming I need to Add a new workflow (the Jira default) to the project. Will associate all the issue types to the new workflow (since they are all the standard Jira issue types). This will then perhaps deactivate the previous workflow, if a proceed?

Suggest an answer