Want to set default sort order for KEY to be descending not ascending

Tim Hefferon July 26, 2012

I would like to be able to set the default sort order for a column - specifically, when I click on the 'Key' header to sort issues, I would like the first sort action to sort by Key Descending, not Key Ascending as it is now.

I understand not all users want the same behavior - so I suppose it should be an option that can be set, rather than changing the default for everybody.

I always want to see newer issues on top - as it is now, I have to click 'Key,' wait for it to sort all my issues by Ascending, then click on 'Key' again (and wait again) to sort by Descending. It's very frustrating.

Please help.

Thank you,

Tim

4 answers

0 votes
John Tolle April 16, 2019

Vote and comment on this related issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65785

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

Which version of JIRA are you using? I just tried https://jira.atlassian.com and it always sorts descending first.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Are there particular pages or gadgets where it is most annoying? For example if it is from the Issue Navigator page, you can setup predefined searches and add an order by clause. Some of the various gadgets can then reference these searches.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2012

Will your jira administrator allow you to either change the jira page templates or add a piece of javascript code? Both have their issues with maintainability and jira upgrades.

Suggest an answer