Want to search the character “/“ in business sponsor field

neelam annad August 12, 2022

I want to search “/“ in Business Sponsor field. Not getting the required results 

project = xxxx and (“Business Sponsor” !~ “/“ and “Business Sponsor” !~ “ /“ and “Business Sponsor” !~ “/ “  and “Business Sponsor” !~ “ / “ )

I am not getting required results even tried adding “*” before and after the “/“

please advice.

2 answers

2 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

@neelam annad I have had this issue before and it looks like you are suffering from this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-61754 

We had several times where we had a forward slash or a double forward slash in a string and search is unable to find the slashes when searched but can find a string with slashes in it.  It is like it is a special character but not really https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver085/search-syntax-for-text-fields-981156853.html 

Vote on the issue above and hope that Atlassian fixes it.  

neelam annad August 12, 2022

Very sorry to hear that there is no solution to search “/“

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2022

@neelam annad

while I totally agree that this should be possible in "native" JQL, if you need an immediate solution, this works out of the box in the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields. It also comes with Excel/Google Sheets-like column filtering capabilities. As these column filters use a different technology, searching for special characters works just fine.

This is how it looks in action for the summary column (it works the same way for any other text field):

search-for-special-characters.gif

(Note: I see that you're on Jira Server; while JXL isn't listed on the Marketplace for Server (only Cloud and DC), it still works perfectly fine, it's just that we need to generate a license for you. Just let me know if you're interested and I can send it over.)

Best,

Hannes

neelam annad August 13, 2022

Will let you know Hanes if I need it..

Suggest an answer