Want to perform 2 transitions by selecting one status

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2019

Hi guys,

I am jira administrator, as per the request user want to change particular status to previous status,, thier is only one Like Open to Resume , when user select Resume > issue automatically moved to previous status, previous will be any status from the workflow. 

How to perform this operation using fastrack transition ? Please suggest

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

What makes this tricky is that Jira will only let you transition to a status that is explicitly permitted by the workflow. As I understand what you want, you want to be able to transition from Status A to Status B and have a generic "Resume" button that will take the user back to Status A. 

This is going to be a fair amount of work for something that is probably not worth it (in my opinion). You could do it by enabling "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" on every status. In the Condition, create a condition that only allows this to be used programmatically (hidden from all users). Then you would have a post-function script in the "Resume" button that would read the Previous Status field and execute the transition to that Previous Status. 

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- probably already has tested code to do something like this, so I will leave that to him to respond if he is so inclined.

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Thanks a lot! Derek

I used the condition method, applied condition on each transition, transition will visible as per the custom field value. 

Which post function script do I need to use for this,  so that transition execute previous status, please suggest I want to know this.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2019

A transition can only result in a move to a single status.  That is what they are for!

I know our humans, and sometimes, robots, don't get the right transition and we want to trigger others when it's wrong.  Could you tell us more about your case(s)?

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2019

Hi Nic,

Actually if Previous Status (Custom Field) value is "Dev in Progress", then user click on Resume transition and then automatically change to Dev in Progress.

If Previous Status (Custom Field) value is "Ready for QA "then user click on Resume transition and then automatically change to Ready for QA.

I want to link one transition with multiple status and status changes as per custom field value .

or

we can do one thing that user click Resume status and add post function "fast track transition", so that after changing status to Resume , system will automatically change status to next transition like Dev in Progress or QA in Progress etc.

Please suggest , what will be the script for fast transition.

Thanks

Suggest an answer