Want to map user stories in JIRA on demand to requirements in some third party test management tool.

Sirisha Kalvagadda February 19, 2013

we have been using JIRA on demand in our company since many years. Recently, We have decided to adopt one test management tool (Zephyr) due to the current project needs.

Can you tell me how can I map these exiting user stories in JIRA to the newly created requirements in Zephyr? is there any possibility to have the requirements-user stories tracked in two way?

1 answer

0 votes
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Sirisha,

With respect to JIRA, absolutely yes! The JIRA REST API should be more than capable of pulling (and pushing) data between your two systems. The only difficulty is that you (or an Expert you would hire) would need to write and maintain the program that makes the REST communications happen.

I don't know how Zephyr works, nor if it has an API, but JIRA should not pose any difficulties to external manipulation and/or data retrieval.

Does that help?

Sirisha Kalvagadda February 22, 2013

Hi Davis,

Thank you very much for the reply :)..

You are right! JIRA should not pose any difficulties to external manipulation and/or data retrieval.

I have integrated JIRA on demand with Zephyr community version. Now, I am able to import stories from JIRA to Zephyr. We have an option called 'import' in Zephyr, which enables us to perform this import.

Thanks again for your time and reply :)..I really appreciate that...

Suggest an answer