Want to know if there is a way to hide a Status in Jira project from external users?

Karthik Sriraman September 12, 2017

Team,

Currently i have a requirement where in my support team works on support incident say when the status is "In-progress",but they are stuck for a resolution on the same and wants to Escalate the ticket to internal developers in order to quicken up the resolution.

So in this case i go about creating a new Status called "Escalated" and when the status is changed from any of the previous status to "Escalated" , some kind of notification  needs to be triggered to the dev team's distribution list and in the same time an SLA has be set up for "Escalated" status. But the most important thing here is that the status "Escalated" should not be visible to user outside my organization.

So can you help me with below questions :

1.The user should be able to see the status as only "In-Progress" ,when we change the status from "In-progress" to "escalated". How can this be achieved?

2.But when the status is changed to "Escalated" the concerned dev team needs to get some kind of notification.How is this achieved?

3.And how to set up a SLA time when the case is in "Escalated" status.

Thanks

Karthik

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017

Do you have JIRA Service Desk? Do you have JIRA Server or JIRA Cloud?

Karthik Sriraman September 12, 2017

Hi Steven,

Yes we have a Jira Service desk. We have Jira cloud.

Thanks

Karthik

Suggest an answer